Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Peace that surpasses all understanding....

Christopher and Emma Grace before the Valentine's Dance
It has been I while since I posted so here is a catch up post... the new year has come and gone and it is March! Hard to believe... All I can say is God is good. I am so blessed and thankful for where I am and what I am learning. I have been blessed with a new job as case manager for MotherBaby/CBU/Pediatrics at East Alabama Medical Center  This is the area I started out in when I graduated from nursing school and it is good to be back in familiar territory.
There has been a lot of pruning going on here but I can say as I see the flowers in my yard with buds and on the verge of blooming, I can relate. God is sovereign and in control.  It  is in Him I put my trust. There is no better place to be than in God's hands.   It doesn't matter what is going on your life, God has a plan that is good for those that put their trust in Him. I am holding on to, claiming, and believing that. He wants to bless you with peace that surpasses all understanding even when the waters seem rough in your life.  I am holding on to the promises of His Word and the truth of  His character.  I am certain of one thing and that is God's word is true... it is alive and active in the lives of those who take hold of it.  Here are just a few of the truths found in God's word that I am holding on to.

The Spirit indwells me; therefore I am the temple of the living God. 2 Corinthians 6:16

I have not been given the spirit of the world; rather, I have the Spirit of God that I might know the will of God for me.1 Corinthians 2:12 

In Christ, God has chosen me as His own and made me strong, He has placed His mark on me. He has placed His Spirit in my heart as a guarantee for all He has promised. 2 Corinthians1:21-22

He will never leave me or forsake me. Hebrews 13:5

The Lord is by my side. I will not fear what man can do to me. Psalm 118:6


I am not a stranger to God. I am a citizen of God's kingdom and a member of His household. Ephesians1:13-14 

The Lord is in my midst, and He sings over me with joy. Zephaniah 3:17

I do not look with disdain upon my weaknesses. I see them as opportunities for God to display His powerful strength and grace through me. 2 Cor 12:10

My priority is to seek first the kingdom and God's righteousness, and I expect all needed, secondary things to be added unto me. Matthew 6:33


I extend mercy to others, and I will in turn receive mercy Matthew7:7

I trust completely in the Lord; therefore I will be like a fruit bearing tree that continually finds nourishment despite dry parched weather. Jeremiah 17:7-8

I will be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving I will let my requests be known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard my heart and mind  in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

 I have been given victory in Christ Jesus. 1 Corinthians15:57



I have to ask myself at times... do I really believe this? and if I do, do I live like it?
How exciting... If God's word is really true, living, active, and sharper than any double edged sword then we can stand on His word and His promises. We can be bold and sure of what we believe.  We can live without fear and we can rest in His peace that surpasses all understanding.  I can put my anxious thoughts in God's hands and live worry free!
 I have to remind myself of this daily... if I don't, my flesh takes over and I forfeit that peace that God so wants to give me.
I have recently started a bible study at Trinity Methodist Church in Opelika.  We are reading and discussing "A Quiet Place of Rest" by Nancy Lee DeMoss. If you struggle with your quiet time or time alone with God... this is the book for you.  I am also reading "The Revolution for Women" (which parallels with the movie Courageous that is geared more towards men.) By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, it is life changing. Both are challenging me to grow and put my faith to work. I recommend them if you are looking for a good read.

I leave you with pictures of the recent Sweetheart Dance hosted by the Opelika Sportsplex.
Emma Grace and her date, Trent
Christopher and his date, Landon
Kate and her date, her daddy

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sista!! What an encouraging post for me to read today! And I'm always glad when you update your blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete