Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The County Fair and Our New Pet

Emma Grace and Kate
The girls and I recently went to the Lee County Fair with a good friend, Christie Woodall and her little girl, Carson.  Christopher was dropped with my dad for a boys weekend.  He recently purchased a 20g shot gun with his own money after saving from birthdays and doing jobs here and there to get paid.  He and dad had a great time and since there was no one there to photograph all the fun, I have no pictures.  I can only imagine from the stories I heard and knowing they had a four wheeler, a shot gun, some skeet, and not to mention Christopher's best bud Chase went, I know they had fun.   Now about the fair... the girls had so much fun!  There is something about the fall air, funnel cakes, and fun rides that makes the fair one of those things you must do this time of the year. Emma Grace met some of her friends there and got braver as the night went on riding things she wouldn't dare get on at the beginning of the night. Kate and her friends rode a few rides and then got interested in playing the games to win a stuffed animal or.... a real bunny!!! My only suggestion is if you don't want a new pet... don't play the game to win a bunny and think to yourself she won't actually win. They were all so cute!  I  NEVER thought Kate would win but... she did!  It looked impossible... she had to land a ping pong ball into a certain bowl among many floating in a pool of water. She is my animal lover and when she won, I couldn't tell her she wasn't allowed to keep her prize.  So now we have a sweet little bunny named Ginger.  Belle, our maltese is still trying to figure her out.  Never a dull moment!  Happy Fall!
Kate, Carson, and Sara Grace
Kate after she won

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet Ginger, the newest member of the family! :)

    ReplyDelete